The Vacuum Thermal Treatment Facility consists in a vacuum chamber that allows the vacuum conditions where a sample is inserted. The heating is guaranteed by internal thermal lamps or external heating cords, depending on the asked max value of temperature. The cooling system consists in some feed-through, using copper pipes, directly brazed on plates put in contact with the sample. Liquid nitrogen guarantees to reach the minimum temperature as per specifications.
The system is completed by turbomolecular pump and gauges that check the temperatures directly on the sample and on the facility and the vacuum level during all the treatment.
- Vacuum Chamber: inox standard UHV with many ports
- Internal shields for heat insulation and double wall for water coaling
- Test zone 200 mm diam x 400 mm
- Heating by quarz IR lamps, max total power 3000 W, PID controlled
- Cooling by liquid nitrogen shroud
- Type K thermocouples
- Vacuum pumping by oil free turbomolecolar pump station
- Pressure measurement by Pirani + Penning heads
Temperature test: -170°C +510°C
Pressure test: from 2x10-9 to 5x10-5 mbar depending from chamber’s temperature